The specialty-trained surgeons at Vero Orthopaedics have resumed elective surgery, or scheduled nonemergency surgery, for their patients. Since the state has eased restrictions preserving the stocks of health care resources, including hospital bed space, personal protective equipment, ventilators, etc., Vero Orthopaedics will offer elective and emergency surgical treatment and in-office care while continuing to follow health authority safety guidelines to protect their patients and staff. Patients in need of specialized bone, joint and muscle care are encouraged to call (772) 569-2330 to schedule a safe appointment in their Vero Beach office at 3955 Indian River Boulevard, or in their Sebastian office at 801 Wellness Way, Suite 100. Telehealth appointments are also available.
“Scheduled surgeries for nonemergency conditions were postponed to preserve supplies of personal protective equipment and other resources to help combat COVID-19,” says Dr. John Peden, fellowship-trained arthroscopic and sports medicine surgeon at Vero Orthopaedics. “Since our governor has deemed our state’s medical resources to be more than adequate, we are safely resuming surgery so area residents no longer have to wait for the advanced orthopaedic care they need.”
Vero Orthopaedics provides surgical care in the state-of-the-art operating rooms of The Advanced Center for Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Indian River Medical Center, Indian River Surgery Center, Sebastian River Medical Center and Grove Place Surgery Center. Their surgeons and specialized medical staff strictly follow the latest and highest standards in patient safety and will take extra precautions.
The practice will continue to adhere to the strict protocols they have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in their offices. These protocols will extend to pre- and postoperative care in addition to the measures taken to keep operating rooms and equipment sterile. For all care and services, Vero Orthopaedics is practicing the following safety measures:
- They are urging patients to follow guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and to self-quarantine if they've traveled to a high-risk country in the last 14 days. If patients have traveled to one of the high-risk countries in the last 14 days or are in close contact with someone who has and they're experiencing a fever, sore throat and/or cough, the practice is rescheduling their appointment.
- They have enhanced their cleaning practices to include disinfecting waiting rooms and front desk areas continuously throughout the day. Exam rooms, physical therapy areas, equipment and other direct patient care areas will be cleaned after each patient visit.
- They are encouraging patients to limit the number of visitors they bring to an appointment to one person.
- They have eliminated the entrance of all nonessential vendors to the clinics.
- They will communicate appointment-related updates through their Patient Portal and appointment reminder system.
- All of their staff members are wearing face masks.
- Patients are encouraged to wear face coverings.
- They are limiting the number of people allowed in their offices.
- Telehealth appointments are now available.
“We know that COVID-19 doesn’t stop the need for orthopaedic care, and we are here to help those who are suffering and need help,” says Dr. Peden. “The efforts of our community have reduced the strain on our health system as much as possible, and we are excited to once again offer our patients safe surgical treatment to help them start their journey back to doing what they love to do.”
While Vero Orthopaedics resumes scheduling patients for elective surgery as well as initial and follow-up appointments in their offices, their providers also offer telehealth visits to provide remote consultation for bone, joint and muscle problems. In the event of a fall or other accident, Vero Orthopaedics continues to offer safe, in-office same-day appointments to provide immediate care for urgent orthopaedic injuries, such as sprains, fractures or dislocations.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of Vero Orthopaedics’s experts, please call (772) 569-2330.