Erin Forest, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Forest, please click below.
Dr. Forest is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity surgery. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Davidson College in Davidson, North Carolina, and her medical degree from University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa. After medical school, Dr. Forest completed her orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Iowa Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation. She chose to further specialize and underwent a hand, upper extremity, and microvascular surgery fellowship at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Forest is certified by and holds a subspecialty certificate in surgery of the hand from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
For patients who suffer from shoulder disease or degeneration, Dr. Forest also offers the innovative Virtual Implant Positioning™ (VIP) Preoperative Planning System as a shoulder replacement option. As an advanced and leading-edge technology, the VIP system allows our specialists to create individualized plans that meet the needs and goals of each patient. To learn more, please use the link below.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Davidson College, Davidson, NC
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Iowa Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Iowa City, IA
- Hand, Upper Extremity, and Microvascular Surgery Fellowship: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- California Medical Association
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
- The Advanced Center for Surgery