Dr. Joao (Joe) Panattoni is a board-certified, fellowship-trained hand surgeon, and he joined Vero Orthopaedics in 2018. With years of extensive training in the surgical and microsurgical care of the hand and wrist, Dr. Panattoni treats patients experiencing loss of function in the hand and wrist using the latest techniques. He is dedicated to providing the highest level of comprehensive hand and wrist care to help his patients get back to doing what they love. His expertise includes nerve, tendon, ligament, and joint repairs and reconstructions of the hand and upper extremity using state-of-the-art procedures, including microsurgery and wide-awake hand surgery.
Dr. Panattoni received his undergraduate degree from Colégio Pio XII in Campinas, Brazil, before earning his medical degree from Faculty of Medicine of Marília in Marília, Brazil, where he also completed his internship training. He later completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Municipal Hospital of Tatuapé in São Paulo, Brazil, followed by further residency training in hand surgery at Campinas State University in Campinas. Dr. Panattoni went on to complete several years of specialized fellowship training in hand surgery and microsurgery at the Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery in Louisville, Kentucky. He also completed a one-year fellowship in hand and reconstructive microsurgery at National University Hospital in Singapore. Dr. Panattoni is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and also holds the board's Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand. This subspecialty certification is for board-certified orthopaedic surgeons who have demonstrated advanced qualifications in hand surgery or microvascular surgery. This can be demonstrated through additional training and the volume and diversity of their practice or through significant contributions to the field of hand surgery.
Prior to joining Vero Orthopaedics, Dr. Panattoni's clinical practice was in the academic setting, where he trained residents at Saint Louis University School of Medicine for nearly a decade in their fully-accredited orthopaedic residency program.
When he isn’t seeing patients in his current practice, Dr. Panattoni enjoys sports practice and outdoor activities as well as spending time with his wife and two daughters.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Colégio Pio XII, Campinas, Brazil
- Doctor of Medicine: Faculty of Medicine of Marília, Marília, Brazil
- Internship: Faculty of Medicine of Marília, Marília, Brazil
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Municipal Hospital of Tatuapé, São Paulo, Brazil
- Hand Surgery Residency: Campinas State University, Campinas, Brazil
- Hand Surgery and Microsurgery Fellowship: Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery, Louisville, KY
- Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery Fellowship: National University Hospital, Singapore
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
- The Advanced Center for Surgery