Paul D. Paterson, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Paterson, please click below.
Dr. Paul Paterson is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon with advanced training and expertise in hand and upper extremity care. Dr. Paterson specializes in comprehensive care for injuries and conditions that affect the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. He offers shoulder, elbow, and thumb joint replacement, upper extremity fracture care, and minimally invasive options like elbow arthroscopy. He also provides same-day, ultrasound-guided carpal tunnel release using UltraGuideCTR™ and trigger finger release using UltraGuideTFR™.
A New York state native, Dr. Paterson graduated from the University at Buffalo with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He went on to earn a Master of Science degree in anatomy and physiology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He then gained his medical degree from the University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, where he also completed his orthopaedic surgery residency. Dr. Paterson went on to complete advanced specialty training in hand and upper extremity care through a fellowship at Harvard Medical School. He is also board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Paterson enjoys his work as a doctor as well as life with his family as a husband and father. He lives an active lifestyle and can often be found in the gym, and in any additional free time, Dr. Paterson is working on his skills in kite surfing and golf.
As part of his dedication to patient-centered care, Dr. Paterson frequently hosts free educational seminars and screenings for patients to learn about UltraGuideCTR. To learn more about this same-day, ultrasound-guided procedure for carpal tunnel syndrome, watch the video below and check our social media for the next free event.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Graduate Degree: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Doctor of Medicine: University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
- Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship: Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Indian River Medical Center
- Sebastian River Medical Center
- The Advanced Center for Surgery