Dr. Kane practices nonsurgical management of patients with medical conditions such as musculoskeletal injuries, arthritic joints, and spinal conditions, optimizing functional capabilities. Dr. Kane was born in the Bronx, New York. He graduated magna cum laude from The City College of New York with a degree in mechanical engineering. Working as a biomechanical engineer at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City stimulated Dr. Kane's desire to practice medicine. He received his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx and completed his medical internship at the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx. Dr. Kane served his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, The University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell in New York City.
Dr. Kane is a board-certified doctor and a fellow of the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Kane treats a multitude of musculoskeletal and neurological conditions, both inpatient and outpatient, but is particularly interested in the treatment of spinal disorders.
Dr. Kane moved to Vero Beach after finishing his training at New York–Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, with his wife, Debra, and his three children, Stephanie, Joshua, and Jennifer. Dr. Kane is an avid sports fan and participant and continues to play ice hockey competitively in Florida.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: The City College of New York, New York, NY
- Graduate Degree: The City College of New York, New York, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY
- Internal Medicine Internship: Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- HealthSouth Treasure Coast Rehabilitation Hospital
- Indian River Medical Center
- Indian River Surgery Center