Dr. Garcia specializes in nonoperative orthopaedic care including knee, shoulder, back, and neck problems. He is board-certified with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine. He is a fellow of the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine.
Dr. Garcia has worked with various athletes, including weekend warriors, Olympic athletes, seniors, and professional athletes. Currently, he serves as the medical director of the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office SWAT Team. He lectures throughout the country on military/police medicine, shoulder rehabilitation, and treatment options for knee arthritis. He is a clinical assistant professor at the Florida State University College of Medicine.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- American Osteopathic Association–Approved Rotating Internship: Southeastern Medical Center, North Miami Beach, FL
- Family Practice Residency: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Board Certification: American Osteopathic Association
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Pain Management
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine