Dr. Garcia specializes in nonoperative orthopaedic care including knee, shoulder, back, and neck problems. He offers osteopathic manual therapy, prolotherapy injections, platelet-rich plasma (PRP), and physical therapy. Dr. Garcia is a board-certified primary care physician with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine and has obtained the status of a fellow of the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine.
Dr. Garcia is pleased to introduce regenerative medicine utilizing platelet-rich plasma (PRP) for the treatment of chronic tendon tears and refractory osteoarthritis. This innovative process allows for exact needle placement through the use of ultrasound-guided injections. He also performs musculoskeletal ultrasound evaluations for in-depth assessment of muscle and tendon pathology.
With a practice focused on nonoperative orthopaedic care and athletic medical issues, such as team health and nutrition, Dr. Garcia has worked with various athletes including weekend warriors, Olympic athletes, seniors, and professionals. Currently, he serves as the medical director of the Indian River County SWAT team. Pursuing his interests, he lectures throughout the country on military/police medicine, shoulder rehabilitation, and treatment of knee arthritis. Furthermore, the desire to share his knowledge with others has led to the position of clinical assistant professor in the Department of Family Medicine & Rural Health at the Florida State University College of Medicine.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- American Osteopathic Association–Approved Rotating Internship: Southeastern Medical Center, North Miami Beach, FL
- Family Practice Residency: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Board Certification: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Pain Medicine: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine