Dr. Seth Coren received his medical degree from the State University of New York in 1973. He completed his general surgical internship and orthopaedic residency at the University of Miami in 1978. He is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery. Dr. Coren has completed basic and advanced courses in articular cartilage injuries. Dr. Coren is also a member of the Genzyme National Speakers Bureau. He has a long-standing and continued interest in arthroscopic surgery in the upper and lower extremity joints as well as hand surgery. While at the University of Miami, he trained under Dr. William Burkhalter, one of the expert orthopaedic hand surgeons in the country. Dr. Coren has been practicing orthopaedics and serving the people of Indian River County since 1979.
Dr. Coren has been a resident of Vero Beach since 1979 and has raised two children in Indian River County. He has been an active member of Temple Beth Shalom, where he has been a past president and board member. His son received his master's degree at Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies. His daughter is a graduate of Pace Law School. Dr. Coren has been actively involved in sports and athletics since participating in varsity soccer at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He is an avid bicycle rider, having recently completed the Muscular Dystrophy Tampa to Orlando ride.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: State University of New York Downstate Medical School, New York, NY
- General Surgery Internship: University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Indian River Medical Center
- Indian River Surgery Center
- Grove Place Surgery Center