Dr. Aaron Howell is a specialty-trained, board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor who joined Vero Orthopaedics in 2018. Dr. Howell has extensive training in the nonsurgical treatment of pain related to bone, joint, and muscle injuries as well as conditions of the back, neck, and spine. He specializes in advanced diagnostics, such as electromyography and nerve conduction testing, and offers the latest treatments, including facet and sacroiliac joint injections, radiofrequency nerve ablation, medial branch blocks, and epidural steroid injections.
After completing his undergraduate studies at Concord University in Athens, West Virginia, Dr. Howell earned his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, West Virginia. He went on to complete a rotating osteopathic internship at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine in Blacksburg, Virginia. Dr. Howell then completed his training through a physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina.
Outside of his nonsurgical spine and physical medicine and rehabilitation practice, Dr. Howell’s interests include outdoor activities, such as golf, fishing, and hunting, and he enjoys following sports.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Concord University, Athens, WV
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Lewisburg, WV
- Osteopathic Internship: Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, Blacksburg, VA
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Spine Intervention Society
- The Advanced Center for Surgery
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Treasure Coast