Fellowship-trained spine surgeon Dr. Stuart Kinsella offers high-level, specialized care for injuries and conditions of the back, neck, and spine. Dr. Kinsella is joining Vero Orthopaedics after completing advanced training in orthopaedic spine care though an exclusive fellowship at Harvard Medical School’s Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. His expertise includes open and minimally invasive spine surgery as well as robotic- and navigation-assisted spine surgery. He applies the most advanced techniques for the management of spine pathology including spinal fractures, herniated discs, and lumbar/cervical stenosis.
Dr. Kinsella received his undergraduate degree in biology from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He went on to earn his medical degree as well as his Master of Science in Translational Research degree at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Before completing his fellowship in spine surgery, Dr. Kinsella was trained through the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program in Boston. He worked with world-renowned spine surgery mentors in his internship, residency, and fellowship. He observed their thoughtful and evidence-based approach to the role of spine surgery in the management of spine pathology, and he learned the most innovative surgical techniques.
Dr. Kinsella’s approach to patient care is to always deliver the care solutions he would want for himself and his family. There is a wide variety of nonoperative and operative modalities in spine care, and he considers all of them in the context of an individual patient's problem, anatomy, and the likelihood of success. He strives to always be thoughtful and present all options to each patient so that he or she can make the most informed decision possible.
As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Kinsella understands the importance of maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle. When Dr. Kinsella isn’t working with patients to help them overcome pain and functional limitations due to orthopaedic pathology, he likes to stay active and enjoys weight training, lacrosse, football, and fishing.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Graduate Degree: University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, Boston, MA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, Boston, MA
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Board-Eligible: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital