Dr. Craig Popp is a board-certified, fellowship-trained spine specialist. Dr. Popp joined Vero Orthopaedics & Neurology in 2017, bringing with him extensive specialized training and 19 years of comprehensive experience. He uses the most advanced techniques and specializes in minimally invasive spinal procedures, including kyphoplasty for spinal fractures, disc replacement, and motion-sparing techniques for spinal surgery. Dr. Popp uses a team approach to care, partnering with his patients to develop tailored treatment plans and achieve the best possible results.
After receiving his undergraduate degree in biophysics from the University of California, Berkeley, in Berkeley, California, Dr. Popp earned his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Following medical school, he completed his internship and residency training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Popp then went on to complete further specialty training in spine surgery through the University of Southern California Spine Center Fellowship at Keck School of Medicine of USC in Los Angeles, California.
In his spare time, Dr. Popp enjoys sailing, skiing, swimming, and water polo.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
- Orthopaedic and General Surgery Internship: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Keck School of Medicine of USC, University of Southern California Spine Center Fellowship, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons