Dr. Kalman is a board-certified, fellowship-trained physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist. He uses a variety of nonsurgical procedures and treatments for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of musculoskeletal pain, including interventional injections such as lumbar epidurals and facet injections. Dr. Kalman also utilizes ultrasound-guided injections and prolotherapy injections, and he administers and interprets nerve conduction studies and electromyograms.
After receiving his undergraduate degree from Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, Dr. Kalman went on to earn his medical degree from the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, New Jersey. He also underwent his internship training at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey in Jersey City, New Jersey. Dr. Kalman completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, New York. He received additional specialty training through his musculoskeletal medicine fellowship at the University of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville, Florida. Dr. Kalman is certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ
- Internship: University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Jersey City, NJ
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Fellowship: University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners